Sweet chiming bells . . . (pdf)
Until 1995, there were only three bells in the church tower. In the late nineteenth century the rector, Hugh Gillett, noted down the various traditions and conventions associated with their use.
Marie Chambers's memories of Compton (pdf)
Marie Chambers (née Chalcraft) lived in the village for a good part of her life. She married Alf Chambers in 1946 and, from 1961, they lived in the newly built Spiceall estate.